Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome to my new space! As of now I have no specific direction I'd like to take this blog other than my current musings. So without further ado, I'll give you a little background about me!

I am a newlywed (July 2014) and am smitten with my husband. I fall more and more in love with him everyday. Also on that note I'm now an Army Wife. He's a reservist so he's home more often than not but that doesn't mean he won't ever leave on deployment or training for an extended period of time.

My current occupation is a paramedic. I have a love/hate relationship with it in that I love being a paramedic but hate that I'm so limited in where I can go professionally. In my state fire and EMS are combined 99% of the time, meaning that if you want to be on a municipality you must also be a firefighter. I have zero desire to be a firefighter meaning my EMS career is held with the private service. Sure there are management positions to be had at various companies but eventually I will hit a wall with my career and have no further room for advancement and that time is rapidly approaching. And nursing is not a career I want to go into, my heart just isn't in it.

Building on the above thought, I'm now a newly minted college student! I'll be starting at Western Governors University in October to pursue a bachelors degree in interdisciplinary studies. This will allow me to obtain my teaching license and become a teacher! I'm so excited at the prospect of being a teacher, I cannot wait to dive in and get started. Western Governors University is a very different type of college and I'm eager to see how it fits me, I get bored doing the same thing over and over when I have a good understanding of topics, with WGU you can move as quickly or as slowly as you like.

My husband and I have three kids, I brought two from my first marriage and he brought one from his.  We have two kitties who help keep our lives interesting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik